Getting a Court Marriage Without Informing Your Parents

It is not necessary for parents to consent for people to get married in various countries. The term “court marriage” may be familiar to you if you live in a country like that. Rather than being married by a priest or religious leader, a couple gets married by a judge.

To protect children from being exploited, there are certain rules and regulations in India. The application form for passports or other documents must include the name and address of your parents. It may lead to future problems if you do not do this.

Nowadays, there are several ways to avoid telling your parents about your wedding. Let’s first understand what court marriage is before we move on to those methods.

Court Marriage: What Is It?

Under the supervision of a judge, two people who are not married yet get married in court. A court wedding is also called a civil marriage. During the ceremony, the couple must follow certain formalities. A joint affidavit must be filed by them to prove their relationship. A judge will then sign the papers after they appear with their witnesses. They then get married.

What You Need To Know About Court Marriage Without Your Parents Knowing?

There are numerous ways to perform court marriages without telling parents. You can use online services or you can consult a lawyer. Here are two options to consider.

Accessing online services

Court marriage services are available on a number of websites. A simple form must be filled out and a payment must be made. Once you submit the form, you will receive a confirmation email. Bring the documents to the courthouse after printing them out.

Office of a lawyer

An appointment is required if you choose to visit a lawyer’s office. Your relationship status will be discussed during the meeting. As well as a copy of the report, he will provide you with forms to complete. Afterward, he will assist you in filling out and returning the forms. All of that will be handled by him from there.

The following steps need to be taken:

* You should ask your partner to sign an affidavit stating that he/she has no objections to you getting married to another person. Both the magistrate and the registrar must sign this affidavit.

* Marriage licenses must be obtained from the local registry office. The registrar’s office should receive the completed application. Responses are usually received within three to four weeks.

* Upon receiving the reply from the registry office, you need to apply for permission to perform the ceremony at the court. There is a fee of Rs.100/- per day for this service.

* As soon as you receive permission from the court, take the permission slip and application form to the registry office.

* The officer at the registry office will inform you of the next hearing date once you submit the application form.

* All the documents mentioned above must be presented at the court on the day of the hearing. If there are no objections, the wedding will take place as soon as possible.

* After your wedding ceremony, you must file a petition in family court. It will be required of you there to prove that you have lived together continuously for more than two years.

* Ultimately, the judge will render his final verdict after proving everything.

* Keep a copy of the judgment safe for both of you.

* The court will require you to pay a fine of Rs.500/- after getting the judgment.

* As soon as you pay the fine, you must make sure that you don’t break any laws in the future.


Life’s most important decision is getting married. A person who loves you and loves you back is very important to choose. Therefore, you should speak with your parents before taking such a big step. Consider all the pros and cons of getting married before making a decision. Take your time when making a decision. Think about your future for a long time.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *