The Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, commonly known as RERA, is a crucial law that protects the interests of homebuyers and regulates the real estate sector in India. If you have purchased a property in Tamil Nadu and are facing any issues related to delivery, quality, or possession, you can file a complaint with the Tamil Nadu Real Estate Regulatory Authority (TNRERA). Here are the steps to file a complaint in RERA Tamil Nadu:
- Visit the TNRERA website – To file a complaint, you need to visit the TNRERA website at http://www.tnrera.in. On the homepage, you will find an option called “Complaint Registration.” Click on it to proceed.
- Provide your details – Once you click on the “Complaint Registration” option, you will be directed to a new page where you will have to provide your personal details like name, address, contact number, and email ID.
- Enter the project details – In the next step, you need to provide the details of the project you have invested in. This includes the project name, the name of the developer, the location of the project, and the RERA registration number.
- Specify the complaint – After providing the project details, you need to specify the nature of your complaint. You can select from a list of complaint types, including delay in possession, quality issues, or false promises, among others. Additionally, you need to provide a detailed description of the issue you are facing.
- Attach supporting documents – To support your complaint, you can attach relevant documents like the sale agreement, payment receipts, and other correspondence with the developer.
- Pay the complaint fee – To file a complaint, you need to pay a fee of Rs. 1,000 through the TNRERA website. You can make the payment through net banking, debit card, or credit card.
- Submit the complaint – Once you have filled in all the details and attached the supporting documents, you can submit your complaint. TNRERA will verify your complaint and provide a unique registration number, which you can use to track the status of your complaint.
Filing a complaint in RERA Tamil Nadu is a simple process that can help you resolve issues related to your property investment. By following the steps mentioned above, you can ensure that your complaint is registered with TNRERA, and you can expect a prompt and fair resolution.