The Registration-Cum-Membership Certificate (RCMC) is a document issued by the Export Promotion Council (EPC) that certifies a business as a registered member of a particular EPC. It serves as a proof of registration and is mandatory for businesses that engage in exports from India. The RCMC registration process is a crucial step for any business looking to enter the world of exports. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the RCMC registration process, including eligibility criteria, application requirements, and FAQs.
Before beginning the RCMC registration process, businesses must ensure that they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The business must be registered with the relevant authorities in India (such as the Registrar of Companies or the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Act, 2006).
- The business must have a current Import-Export Code (IEC) issued by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT).
- The business must have a bank account with an authorized dealer bank in India.
Once the business has met the eligibility criteria, they can proceed with the RCMC registration process. The application process involves the following steps:
- The business must identify the relevant EPC for their industry and apply for membership.
- Once the EPC approves the membership application, the business must submit an RCMC application to the EPC.
- The business must provide the following documents along with the RCMC application:
- Copy of the IEC certificate
- Bank certificate from the authorized dealer bank
- Proof of payment of RCMC fees
- The EPC will review the RCMC application and issue the RCMC certificate if approved.
- The RCMC certificate is valid for five years and must be renewed after this period.
Q: Is RCMC registration mandatory for all exporters?
A: Yes, RCMC registration is mandatory for all exporters from India.
Q: How long does the RCMC registration process take?
A: The RCMC registration process can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months, depending on the industry and the specific EPC.
Q: How much does RCMC registration cost?
A: The cost of RCMC registration varies depending on the industry and the specific EPC.
Q: Can a business apply for RCMC registration without an IEC certificate?
A: No, a business must have a current IEC certificate to apply for RCMC registration.
The RCMC registration process is an essential step for any business looking to engage in exports from India. By following the steps outlined in this guide, businesses can ensure a smooth and efficient RCMC registration process. Remember to check the eligibility criteria, identify the relevant EPC, and provide all the necessary documents to expedite the process. Obtaining an RCMC registration is a crucial step towards expanding your business on a global scale.