A PSARA license is a need to for establishing any non-public protection corporation in India. These non-public protection companies installation educated protection guards and offer different protection offerings to numerous businesses throughout the country. These protection companies are regulated via way of means of an Act called the Private Security Agencies Regulation Act.
What Does the PSARA Act Entail?
The complete shape of PSA is Private Security Agencies, and the PSARA Act offers for the law of personal protection companies and different ancillaries. It became exceeded via way of means of each the homes of parliament and acquired the consent of the President on 23 June 2005. Further, the Act got here into pressure on 15 March 2006.
According to Section three of PSARA, every kingdom ought to employ a controlling authority, now no longer beneathneath the rank of joint secretary, via a notification. Further, a PSARA license is granted to non-public protection companies via way of means of the controlling authority of the respective kingdom wherein the companies are functioning.
Eligibility Criteria for Obtaining a PSARA License
Any non-public restrained company, restrained legal responsibility partnership, one-character company, sole proprietorship, or partnership corporation can get registered for a PSARA license. Moreover, all Indian nationals are eligible for a PSARA license, besides for folks who fall below the subsequent categories:
- Convicted of an offence in reference to the promotion, formation, or control of a company
- Convicted of an offence for which the prescribed punishment is imprisonment of now no longer much less than years
- Further, retaining ties with any corporation or affiliation this is prohibited via way of means of regulation due to the fact its sports endanger countrywide protection or public order, or if it’s miles suspected that such an entity is accomplishing acts that endanger countrywide protection or public order
- Dismissed or expelled from authorities provider at the grounds of misconduct or ethical turpitude.
Eligibility Criteria for the Appointment of the Director/Principal Officer
- Moreover, the applicant ought to be financially sound (a replica in their ITR needs to be submitted)
- The applicant ought to now no longer have any crook background.
Documents Required for Obtaining the PSARA License
Given beneathneath is a tick list of the files required for the issuance of a PSARA license:
- Certificate of incorporation
- Signed memorandum of understanding
- Address evidence of the office
- Employees kingdom coverage registration
- Provident fund registration
- Identity card of all employees
- An affidavit received as according to the PSARA Act
- Logo & uniform sample of the non-public protection corporation
- Copy of ITR
- Character certificates of all employees.
Validity of a PSARA License
- Usually, a PSARA license is legitimate for as much as five years
- In the states of Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh, and Chhattisgarh, a PSARA license is legitimate for one year.
Renewal of PSARA License
- A PSARA license may be renewed via way of means of making use of to the controlling authority, now no longer much less than forty five days earlier than the permit’s expiry, at the side of the prescribed files and the fee
- Moreover, the controlling authority will by skip an order for renewal of license inside 30 days from the date of receipt of application.