Password for Form 16A – TDS deducted from income other than salary
We experience sometimes issues when trying to open PDF files downloaded/received from government websites including the Income Tax Department’s site and the TDS site. Many of the documents on these websites are password-protected. PDFs downloaded from such various sites require different passwords to be opened. Here, we will talk about identifying / obtaining a password to complete Form 16A for Tax Deductions in order to file your Income Tax Return.
A large number of us get stuck trying to open PDF files that we download from government websites such as the Income Tax Department or TDS site. The documents on these sites are password protected. The PDFs downloaded / received from such various sites require different types of passwords to be opened. We are going to discuss how to know / decode the password for Form 16A for TDS to file Income Tax Return in this article.
How does Form 16A work?
- Form 16A is a TDS certificate, just like Form 16.
- This receipt shows that the employer has deducted tax from income other than salary and deposited it with the IRS.
- This form is issued when TDS is deducted on your fixed deposit income in the bank, insurance commissions, rent receipts, etc.
- Thus, Form 16A is issued for all other incomes that are subject to TDS.
- In Form 16A, like Form 16, information such as the name and address of the deductor and deductee, the PAN and TAN for the deductor, as well as the TDS amount is gathered and deposited with the government.
What is Form 16A-TDS and how do I get it?
- Deductors who deduct TDS are required to issue TDS certificates in Form 16A to the deductees.
- TRACES offers the form 16A for downloading. Deductor can download Form 16A online once he or she has submitted Form 26AS and deposited the TDS.
How do I get access to Form 16A?
- You need a password for Form 16A.
- Form 16A passwords are composed of the employee’s first five digits of their PAN in capital letters, along with their birthdate as shown in the format DDMMYYYY.
- So if your PAN is BPTRA5997L and your birth date is 11th November, 2000, your Form 16A password would be BPTRA11112000.
This form is crucial for taxpayers since it allows them to file their tax returns smoothly. Furthermore, the form helps verify income details and TDS deduction rates on Form 16A. Taxpayers must learn the details about Form 16 and other Forms and use them accordingly if they want to avoid any inconsistency when it comes to filing their taxes.