Process for Downloading ITR: To avoid last-minute anxiety and fines, it is important to file ITRs on time. In order for taxpayers to verify the validity and legitimacy of e-filing, the IT department generates the income tax verification form once they have filed their ITR. If you haven’t attached a digital signature to your return, you will be subject to these penalties.
You can download the income tax return verification form in just a few clicks:
- Visit the Income Tax India website at https://portal.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
- Click on ‘View Returns/ Forms’ to view e-filed tax returns
Choose the option Income tax returns
There will be a list of all the years for which returns have been filed
- The ITR-V should be downloaded by tapping on the acknowledgment number.
- Select ‘ITR-V Acknowledgement’ to begin the download
- Enter your password to open the downloaded document. PAN number and birthdate are the passwords.
An example would be:
PAN – ABHAA0527B
Birth Date – 05/12/1996
Password – abhaa0527b05121996
A printed and signed copy of your income tax return has to be sent to CPC Bangalore within 120 days of the e-filing. You can also verify your income tax return through Aadhar OTPS, net banking, and ATM.
Maintaining good communication with the Income Tax Department will keep you on the right side of the law and prevent any blocks from preventing you from having a successful financial future.