The Trademark Act, 1999, allows online trademark registration in Puducherry, or Pondicherry. Having a trademark allows you to keep all ownership rights over your brand, ensuring that all the work you put into branding and content of your brand doesn’t end up being exploited or misused by anyone else.. It is important to register your trademark in Puducherry, formerly Pondicherry, if you want your logo, slogan, packaging, and other distinctive features of your brand identity to be protected.
You can apply for the logo registration simply online and start adding the symbol of ‘TM’ as soon as the application is submitted. There are a number of processes that are included as part of the registration process of trademarks, and they include a list of processes that validate the original owner of the mark, which takes somewhere between fifteen to eighteen months.
It has been observed that the process and branches of Trademark Registration in Puducherry, previously Pondicherry, have changed over the years as new changes have been made. New arenas have been welcomed into Trademark Registration in Puducherry, previously Pondicherry over the years. Whether it is a particular sound or a recipe, you can now register your trademark as well.
Trademark Registration in Puducherry
Getting a trademark registered for your business logo or startup brand in Puducherry, previously Pondicherry will require you to register it with the Chennai Office of the Trademark Registry. Trademark Registry, Chennai Office, is required to register all businesses within the specified jurisdictions given below.
A majority of the land in Puducherry is utilized for agriculture, and as much as 90% of the land is used for agriculture as a result of its location on the Coromandel Coast. Among the major crops that are grown in Puducherry are rice, bajra, ragi, pulses, as well as cotton, sugarcane, and groundnuts as cash crops.
As a former French colony, Puducherry has a significant French presence. It is located about 135 km from Chennai and has a minor port between the major ports of Chennai and Tuticorin. The major rivers in this region are Pennaiyar and Gingee. The Ministry of Shipping has identified a lighthouse for its Lighthouse Tourism initiative. Tourism and agriculture are two major economic sectors in Puducherry. Over 35% of Puducherry’s population depends on agriculture and allied activities. In 2018, nearly 1.8 million tourists visited Puducherry.
Additionally, Puducherry has mineral deposits including clay, limestone, phosphate rocks, lignite laterite, and canker. There are several major industries in Puducherry, including chemicals, leather, textiles, light engineering, electronics, metals, food processing, tourism, and food processing. There are over 1,700 industrial units in Puducherry that produce chemicals and chemical-based products. Leather products are the largest export item from the region. Marine product processing plants and packaged marine products can take advantage of 61,700 MT of untapped marine resources.
As per a World Bank report, Puducherry ranks 27th out of 36 states when it comes to ease of doing business. However, if you have any questions or clarifications, you can contact the regional office at the address listed below.
Puducherry Trademark Registration Online
- PAN card of the applicant
- Address proof of the applicant
- Logo (must contain brand name) submitted for trademark registration
- In the case of claiming a specific user date, an affidavit of the user is required
- Proof of trademark use, such as a registration certificate or invoice.
- TM – 48 form signed by the applicant
- You will be able to get up to a 50% discount on government fees if you have a start-up recognition certificate, MSME.
- On the first day, you have to provide some basic information, submit the required documents, and select an appropriate class; we will then check to see if your trademark is available.
- Document preparation and drafting – On the second day, our experts will draft all documents and prepare them for filing.
- Filing the application – On the third day, we will file your trademark application in Puducherry, previously Pondicherry, and send you a copy of the receipt along with it.